Lauderdale County Schools will be closed through at least April 24th due to the risk of exposure to COVID-19. More information on future plans will be given in the coming days. Stay up to date on your LCS mobile app's news section or visit www.Lced.net and click the news tab.
LCS to Provide Free Lunch & Breakfast During COVID-19 School Closure
Click the following link to download the flyer with all dates, times, and locations for food pick up.
Alternative Learning Academy
192 Viar Ave.
Ripley, TN 38063
The mission of the Lauderdale County Alternative Learning Academy is to help students succeed academically and socially while improving their attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
Principal: Billie Young
Assistant Principal: Golden Howard
Daphne Barbee, Grades 3-6 teacher
Doug Crowder, History Teacher
Ollie Fields, Family Resources Center
Kathy Hodge, Administrative Assistant
- Solid black, white, or gray polo style shirt, long or short sleeve, with collar.
- A maximum of three buttons allowed.
- Shirts must be appropriately sized and tucked in with belt visible.
- No pockets, logos, patterns, words or symbols should be visible.
- Shirt must be clean and in good condition. No holes, frayed edges, missing buttons, etc.
- Students may wear black, gray, or white t-shirt, turtleneck, or thermal shirt under their polo shirt.
- Must be khaki (dress style) or plain blue jeans with a maximum of four pockets.
- No cargo style pants, low-rise or skinny cut pants are allowed, nor form fitting, denim or stretch material.
- Pants must be the appropriate size. No baggy or sagging pants are allowed. Pants must be worn within an inch of the natural waistline and should not touch the ground.
- All pants must have belt loops. No elastic at the waist or at the ankles.
- Shoes and socks must be solid black, white, gray, or brown.
- White, black, gray, or brown shoelaces must be tied securely at all times with the bow visible.
- A black or brown leather belt must be looped through all loops. Belt buckles must be plain and less than two inches in diameter.
- Jewelry of any kind. This includes watches, rings, body piercings,
- Ear gauges and spacers
- Purses, backpacks, wallets,
- Electronic devices
Golden Howard, Assistant Principal & 6-8 Math/Science Teacher
Marion Rouser, ELA Teacher
Billie Young, Principal
Shoes & Socks
No clothing other than undergarments may be worn beneath pants. This includes gym shorts, tights or leggings. NO HOODIES ARE TO BE WORN! ALL JACKETS WILL BE REMOVED WHEN THE STUDENT ENTERS THE BUILDING. JACKETS CANNOT BE WORN IN THE CLASSROOM!