Remote/Virtual Learning Information for Families
The goal for Lauderdale County Schools is to provide all students with a high-quality education and supportive learning environment to meet their individual needs. We strongly believe, and research supports, that in-person learning where students interact with their teachers and peers is the best environment for student success. However, we know that the 2020-21 school year presents a challenge for some students and families to engage in in-person learning. As a result, we are pleased to offer families with a full-time remote learning option for the 2020-21 school year.
What is Remote Learning?
Remote learning provides students with the ability to be enrolled in Lauderdale County Schools without attending in-person. Families will have the option of enrolling in either remote or in-person learning for the 2020-21 school year.
What will the Remote Learning Option Look Like?
- Students will be expected to complete 7 hours of daily remote learning work. This time expectation is according to Tennessee State Board of Education policy.
- Students in remote learning will have access to the same high-quality instructional materials as in-person learning. Lauderdale County Schools has made strategic investments in providing high-quality materials for remote learning to ensure that students are able to seamlessly transition back to in-person learning.
- Schools are required to take attendance by contacting students daily as required by the Tennessee State Board of Education.
- Students participating in remote learning will be assigned a remote learning teacher that is not necessarily the same as their in-person teacher.
- Students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or other approved accommodations will have access to those accommodations in the remote learning option.
- Please note that materials have been ordered and the district is waiting for vendors to fulfill orders necessary for remote learning. Some items could be delayed, but every effort is being made to start the remote environment on time. Any delays will be communicated in future releases.
How will Families Opt-in to Participate in Remote Learning?
Families interested in remote learning will complete the application at https://forms.gle/HL6asNK45Jf12cJv8. Upon completion of the application, administration from each school will contact parents within 10 business days for a remote learning consultation. Following the consultation, families will receive more information on remote learning options and setup.
The district will stop taking applications for remote learning at noon on July 23. More detailed information about Lauderdale County School District’s remote learning option will be provided to families by August 1, 2020.
One Page Flyer: https://5il.co/ibgr