Coordinated School Health
Lauderdale County Schools Coordinated School Health (CSH) connects physical, emotional and social health with academics through eight components. CSH approach is to treat the whole student. Children cannot learn if they are sick whether physically and emotioinally. Our goal is that all students are successful and grow up to be successful productive citizens.
Eight Components of Coordinated School Health
- Health Education
- Health Services
- Physical Education
- Healthy School Environment
- School Counseling, Psychological, and Social Services
- Student, Family, and Community Involvement
- School Staff Wellness
Lauderdale County Schools Coordinated School Health Goals for 2017/2018 school year.
- Reduce childhood obesity in Lauderdale County Schools.
- Increased knowledge and awareness of teaching kids in poverty.
- School Nurses will continue professional development in all areas, but specficially taking care of children with diabetes.
- Coordinated School health will treat the whole child.
- Create a student lead health council.
- Increase parent awareness and knowledge regarding various health diagnosis.
- Help to bridge the gap between parents and school.
Funding and support provided by the Tennessee Department of Education Coordinated School Health Improvement Act TCA 49-1-1002