NASHVILLE, TN—Best for All Central, Tennessee’s Hub for Learning and Teaching, has reached over 250,000 visits since launching in early August, and is now home to more than 1,400 high-quality resources for families and educators.
Tennessee school districts have created hundreds of new resources for the tool, which focus on instructional videos for kindergarten through 8th graders in both English Language Arts and Math. Additional classroom videos include K-2 foundational literacy and math lessons, science lessons, a Pre-K video series, additional teacher professional development resources, and Career and Technical Education (CTE) activities.
Best for All Central is an online tool and resource hub designed to provide school leaders, educators, and families an extensive collection of high-quality, optional resources to support teaching and learning. As Tennessee's online hub for best-in-class instructional and professional development materials, the resources are all designed to be easily accessible, searchable, and free. The department launched this tool as a top priority to support Tennessee’s districts, educators, and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Best for All Central can be accessed at http://bestforall.tnedu.gov/.
Recently added resources include:
- CTE materials and student activities are available for the following career clusters: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Sciences; Business Management and Administration; Health Science; STEM; Transportation; Hospitality and Tourism; Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security.
- Fall 2020 academic classroom videos on ELA, math, and science continue to be added, which are intended to provide districts with weekly content on core areas of instruction. A new K-2 math foundations video series is also included.
- TN Foundational Skills Curriculum Supplement Resources, including implementation guides, teacher professional learning videos, intervention tools, and model video lessons. Included in these resources are early childhood videos that provide weekly 10- to 15-minute preschool literacy videos featuring five interactive learning centers in which children can play and learn as they watch.
- TN Foundational Skills Curriculum Sounds-first Activities: Videos model teacher moves for the sound-first activities embedded in the supplement instruction and provide practical professional learning supports for foundational reading skills and implementation supports for the TN Foundational Skills Curriculum Supplement.
- New trauma-informed professional development for teachers and school leaders to support students who have experienced trauma, create a trauma-informed school, and strategies for schoolwide trauma-informed responses to behavior.
- New professional development resources are available on ensuring access to virtual instruction for all students during COVID-19 and best practices for substitute teachers.
Along with all new resources for professional development, standards, and an additional series of instructional videos, Best for All Central makes resources provided by the department more easily accessible for educators and families all in one place— including 320 PBS Teaching Tennessee lessons and companion guides, the STE(A)M Resource Hub, Foundational Skills Curriculum Supplement, and Professional Learning Community (PLC) guides.
Additionally, the site features user guides along with the ability to filter and search for instructional and professional development resources by grade level, subject, topic, audience, and more.
The resources in the online tool are designed to accommodate various levels of Wi-Fi and technology accessibility in mind, and many of them can be utilized online, downloaded, or printed for later use.