As announced on Monday, March 16, all schools in Lauderdale County will be closed until at least March 31 to limit community exposure to COVID-19. An update on future closures will be posted to this site and social media outlets prior to March 31.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we will be sharing additional information and mobilizing as many services to support our students as possible. Beginning March 23, Lauderdale County Schools will be making free meals available to students at several locations. More details will come later this week regarding times and locations for meal deliveries.
As we prepare for this extended absence for our students, schools will be exploring ways to make instructional materials and coursework available to students in a variety of ways. Schools will be developing a plan and communicating more information as it becomes available.
Things to Know:
- All school related activities are suspended while schools are closed beginning midnight on March 20.
- High School Sports, Clubs, and Fine Arts Activities -
- TSSAA will meet on Tuesday, March 17, to determine the fate of all Spring related sports. More information to follow.
- All other off-season activities are suspended until further notice.
- Schools will be closed to the general public at this time.
- School admin offices will be open with limited staff during the week of March 23. Decisions will be made weekly on availability of school admin. If you have questions, please call rather than visiting the school. We prefer you to communicate via email or phone to limit exposure.
- District admin offices will be operational but closed to the general public until further notice. Decisions on staff availability and attendance may change, if and when necessary. We prefer that employees and citizens communicate with our offices via email or phone as a way to limit exposure.
We thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we deal with the complex issues created by an extended school closure. As more information and details become available, they will be posted to this site and through our social media outlets. Stay safe and healthy!
--Lauderdale County Schools