TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT PROCEDURES
The Lauderdale County Department of Education will reimburse travel and other related expenses using the criteria below.
1. All travel reimbursement must be submitted on the district's Travel Report form and signed by the party claiming reimbursement and appropriate supervisor.
2. Mileage will be reimbursed at the state rate of 47¢ per mile. Standard mileage amounts will be used between these common destinations:
Ripley - Dyersburg 26
Ripley - Halls 17
Ripley - Jackson 49
Ripley - Nashville 174
Ripley - Memphis 55
Ripley - Murfreesboro 206
Halls - Dyersburg 12
Halls - Jackson 49
Halls - Nashville 174
Halls - Memphis 72
Halls - Murfreesboro 206
3. Hotel or lodging will be reimbursed at the lowest room rate available where theconference or event is held. A receipt is required for hotel and parking expenses. Charges for phone calls, movies, room service and other optional items are not ‐ reimbursable.
4. Reimbursement for meals will be made ONLY when overnight travel is required outside the county of the employee's official station or resident. Reimbursement is not allowed for meals provided. Meal reimbursement rates are:
Breakfast $ 8.00
Lunch $ 12.00
Dinner $ 26.00
5. Receipts are required for any other travel expenses not addressed in these procedures but are a necessary part of the trip. 6. Personnel must be authorized in advance of each trip by the Superintendent or designee to be eligible to claim reimbursement. This includes supervisory staff, school administrators, teachers, and classified personnel who plan to attend an event or travel in their personal vehicles on behalf of the school district.