- Solid black, white, or gray polo style shirt, long or short sleeve, with collar.
- A maximum of three buttons allowed.
- Shirts must be appropriately sized and tucked in with belt visible.
- No pockets, logos, patterns, words or symbols should be visible.
- Shirt must be clean and in good condition. No holes, frayed edges, missing buttons, etc.
- Students may wear one white t-shirt, turtleneck, or thermal shirt under their polo shirt.
- No clothing may have logos or designs.
- Must be khaki (dress style) or plain blue jeans with a maximum of four pockets.
- No cargo style pants, low-rise or skinny cut pants are allowed, nor form fitting, denim or stretch material.
- Pants must be the appropriate size. No baggy or sagging pants are allowed. Pants must be worn within an inch of the natural waistline and should not touch the ground.
- All pants must have belt loops. No elastic at the waist or at the ankles.
- Shoes must be solid white, solid black, or solid brown.
- White, black, or brown shoelaces must be tied securely at all times with the bow visible.
- White, black, or brown socks must be worn.
- A black or brown leather belt must be looped through all loops. Belt buckles must be plain and less than two inches in diameter.
- Colored contacts
- Jewelry of any kind. This includes watches, rings, body piercings,
- Ear gauges and spacers
- Purses, backpacks, wallets,
- Electronic devices
Alternative Learning Academy
192 Viar Ave.
Ripley, TN 38063
The mission of the Lauderdale County Alternative Learning Academy is to help students succeed academically and socially while improving their attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
Principal: Billie Young
Daphne Barbee, Grades 3-6 teacher
B J Cohn, Project Aware
Doug Crowder, History Teacher
Ollie Fields, Family Resources Center
Marilyn Pearson, Administrative Assistant
Marion Rouser, ELA Teacher
Marva Temple, ESS Clerk
Billie Young, Principal
Shoes & Socks
No clothing other than undergarments may be worn beneath pants. This includes gym shorts, tights or leggings. NO HOODIES ARE TO BE WORN! ALL JACKETS WILL BE REMOVED WHEN THE STUDENT ENTERS THE BUILDING. JACKETS CANNOT BE WORN IN THE CLASSROOM!